Remember the old children's story about the little engine that could? His motto, as he climbed the last hill to the station; "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can." And he did.
Our tag line at GGH is:
Grandmas Getting Healthy
"For the love of mind, body, and soul!"
And if you wanna rev it up, besides today's three little words, here are three phrases to act upon.
Start talking to yourself.
- Take care of yourself.
Mind, body, & soul.
1. Start talking to yourself. (MIND) Be like the little engine that could. What your mind thinks will overflow into your actions. When I first ordered my 30 day shake/cleanse package, I wasn't sure I could or would carry thru. But I told myself, I CAN do this. And I did. You can't go by what I say, tho. Kinda reminds me of another old children's story, "The Little Red Hen." Nobody would help her go thru all the steps to making the bread. So she just took it all in stride and did it herself. I'm not here to push products on you, I'm here to be an example. A product of the product. You're going to have to see for yourself.
2. Energize yourself. (BODY) Add protein, to your snacks. This prevents sugar highs and lows. Here's a list of snacks that I use besides my product protein shakes, fiber bars, slim cakes, and chocolate bars.
- apple with peanut butter
- hard boiled egg with a 1/2 c. of applesauce
- handful of almonds
- celery with peanut butter
- turn cucumber slices into crackers~ spread with cheese or hummus
- turkey and cheese wrapped
- turn leaf lettuce into bread for your favorite sandwhich
- fresh fruit with a dollop of greek yogurt
- cottage cheese with cinnamon
Try snacking this way for a day or two, really give it chance (no chips, etc) and check your energy levels after day two or three.
3. Take care of yourself. (SOUL) Start out your day with 10 minutes of reading, meditating, praying, and/or journaling. Get some soul food in you. You were created in the image of God ... you were born to shine. You have a passion deep inside you... find out what it is and move in that direction. You are here for a reason, let's keep working at a healthy mind, body, and soul. Even if nobody else sings along.
You can do this. I know you can, I know you can, I know you can.